Gardener: Full-time permanent
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Salary: $17/hour to start, but negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Tuesday to Friday (30-35 hours per week)
At The Silent Gardner, we are committed to organic and sustainable gardening practices for strata and commercial properties. We have been in operation for 18 years and have won an Environmental Stewardship Award because of our low noise, zero emission gardening equipment.
We are looking for a fun, driven, and professional individual to come join our team as a Gardner. In this role, you will utilize your creativity, teamwork, and strong attention to detail to achieve objectives.
In this role, you will be:
- Mowing and edging lawns, using equipment such as ride-on mowers and edgers
- Line trimming around trees, beds, fences, etc.
- Shearing hedges
- Weeding, pruning, and planting
- Mulching and spreading on top of soil
- Other tasks as required
- Landscape maintenance experience an asset (will train the right person)
- Clean BC drivers abstract considered an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work rain or shine
- Standing for long periods of time
- Operating machinery
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
At The Silent Gardner, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace culture and invite candidates with international experience to apply. If you believe that you are a good fit for this role then please email a cover letter and resume to Sheldon Ridout, owner at firstname.lastname@example.org.